|All children aged 5-11 continue to be offered vaccination against Covid-19 vaccine and this half-term holiday is good time to get your child vaccinated in time for the summer when cases might increase. |
Two doses of the vaccine (at least 12 weeks apart) should give the child long-lasting protection against serious complications of infection and some protection from mild symptoms. To book an appointment, please visit https://www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination or call 119.
The NHS wants to support you to make an informed choice with more information available here COVID-19: A guide for parents of children aged 5 to 11 (publishing.service.gov.uk) If you do not know your child’s NHS number you can get it:·
– by checking your child’s personal health record (the red book given to you when your child was born)
– by checking any NHS letters, prescriptions or test results you may have received for your child
– by going to the NHS.UK website
– by asking your GP practice to help you
NHS Comms Team
A wonderful weekend of football at Crowmarsh Youth FC Tournament. Well done to all involved.
Oxfordshire County Council is making it easier for town and villages to change 30mph streets to 20mph in order to make streets safer, encourage residents to walk or cycle and to reduce noise and pollution.The centre of Wallingford now has a 20mph limit and the Parish council has applied to OCC for 20mph in the residential streets in Crowmarsh Gifford, North Stoke and Mongewell. Please let the Parish Council know if oy support this initiative using the online survey at
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VRDQLY5 or by email/ letter to the Parish Clerk.
The final version of the Neighbourhood Plan can be found below.
Bookings are now open for the Jubilee Barn Dance!
Venue: Crowmarsh Village Hall
This is a ticketed event and numbers will be limited to 75.
Band: Melobo www.melobo.co.uk
- 7.30pm Barn Dance Part One
- 8.45pm Break
- 9.15pm Barn Dance Part Two
- 10.15pm Finish
Ticket costs: £8 per adult, £5 per child (age 14 and below). Tickets are limited and will be sold on a first come and paid basis.
To book, please email Sue Rance at [email protected] and let her know how many adults and how many children’s tickets you would like. Sue will then send you the Parish Council bank details. If you prefer you can also phone 01491 839170 or drop a note into 2 Home Farm.
A bar is being provided by the Queens Head staff.
The Big Jubilee Lunch 2022 – A Crowmarsh community celebration – Sunday 5th June 2022
Please see below an update on the proposals for the Big Jubilee Lunch at the Village Hall. This will be at the end of an extended bank holiday from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th June.
It is proposed that:
- The lunch event is from 12.30. The main entertainment will continue up to 4.30.
- There will be a jazz band.
- There will be various items for sale, for the benefit the local organisations that sell them:
- A BBQ – Cubs and Beavers.
- A bar – local church
- Cakes and hot/cold drinks – local church
- Ice cream and lollies – School PTA
- A bouncy castle – School PTA
- There is to be jubilee cake and flower competitions for children and adults
- Please bring along a picnic and blanket/chairs. Some Marquees, tables and chairs will be provided for inclement weather.
- The car park will be closed and used for entertainment, including Bouncy castles, swing boats and large patio type games.
- As we have no idea of how many will attend, it would be helpful if you could email Sue Rance on [email protected] if you currently hope to, to give us an idea of numbers. Please let her know if this changes. This would also allow Sue to update you with any updates on the event.
- Please also let Sue know if you would be available to help put up and take down marquees or setting up table, chairs etc. on the 4th and 5th
- If you have any large-scale games such as Jenga, or 4 in a row you would be willing to lend for the event please let Sue know.
- In the evening there will be a Barn Dance. A band with a caller has been booked. This will be a ticketed event on a first come first served basis, due to a limit on numbers in the hall. Please note all those that have e-mailed Sue Rance to say they will be attending the lunch will be sent details and prices first, in due course. Until then bookings cannot be made.
We really hope you will be able to come and take part in this local event to help make it a special occasion. Please note it in your diary and let Sue Rance know if you hope to attend.
The event is being organised on behalf of Crowmarsh Parish Council